Office manager or Back-office manager, sometimes referred to as assistant, is responsible for the administration of the company. He or she takes care of the administration and ensures the smooth running of the office and supporting processes. It is an important role because it keeps the company's support processes running smoothly. That is why the scope of the office manager's activities is very wide.
The work of an office manager naturally depends on the size and type of company. While in small firms or small offices, the office manager does most of the work himself, in large firms or offices the work is more managerial, that is, he manages and coordinates the work of individual assistants or other staff who provide administrative services.
Typical scope of work or responsibilities of an office manager:
- takes care of the running of the company and the back office processes
- partially replaces HR managers in small and medium-sized companies
- Handles part of the employee onboarding process
- Partially replaces HR managers in small and medium-sized companies
- provides office supplies
- Prepares documents for the HR agenda
- Prepares files and documents for the company management
- Provides or maintains office equipment and technology
- Provides office supplies
- Provides refreshments at the workplace
- Deals with suppliers of support services and office equipment
- Maintains records of office work equipment and technology
- Arranges for the issue or collection of office work equipment
- Arranges corporate events such as conferences, seminars, team building, Christmas parties, etc.
- Provides training and educational events
- Communicates with accounting or legal office
- Arranges company workspaces and offices
- Takes records and minutes of meetings
- Manages and records contracts
- Responsible for the smooth running of the reception desk
- Organizes and arranges company events
- In Aptien, you will use the role of office manager, which is set up roughly to the range of agendas above.