Daily requirements and requests of employees
There are many approvals of various work requests and requests from employees across the company on a daily basis.
Processing and monitoring them requires a lot of effort, especially when they come at you from many channels: e-mails, economic systems, workflow systems, meetings, instant messages or from personal discussions. Getting the requirements under control is one of the critical moments of growing companies and teams. As the number of people grows, so does the number of demands. What was sustainable in ten people is no longer sustainable in twenty. At a certain point, the company gets into a situation where it is impossible to manage the requirements without some kind of system.
The most frequent requests and requests of employees
The requirements are directed at superiors or at other back office departments in the company that takes care of the work environment, equipment, and the like. It is most often the HR department, the IT department and the office management or facility manager who is responsible for the work environment. Very often, these are various reports related to workplace safety and various work incidents. The most common requests include:
- Employee request for reimbursement of expenses (to Finance department)
- Request for vacation or other leave (to HR)
- Training Request (to HR)
- Purchase request (Finance department)
- Request for work equipment (Office management)
- Password change (IT department)
- Reinstalling or installing software (IT department)
- Change of authorizations and accesses to app, systems (for IT)
- Access to personal folder (to HR)
- Requesting documents for authorities (HR department)
- Report of an occupational accident (to OHS department)
- Reporting a security incident
- Notification of property damage
Both formal and informal requirements
Some of the requirements require formal reporting (for example, a work-related injury), and some require a less formal way of requesting. It is always up to the organization to choose a method that will be convenient for employees and at the same time will not overwhelm managers with communication or cause requests to fall into place.
In a number of cases, the company as an employer needs to monitor all requests the employee has made during his time at the company.
How to solve the submission of employee requests
In practice, employees submit their requests in a variety of ways. As a rule, small and medium-sized companies do not have any system, so applications are most often submitted in the form of emails or personally in the form of a message from an employee to a superior. Most often, employee requests are processed:
- requests sent by email
- oral communication
- piece of paper
- form on the intranet
Request portal, a single point of requests & helpdesk for employees
With Aptien, you can solve the simple application process using the employee portal. Employees have list pages where they can enter their requests and requests. These are, for example, vacation requests, training requests, requests for new work equipment. A request approval workflow in the company is set for each request.
- Employees have list pages where they can enter their requests and requests.
- An approval workflow is set for each request
It can be easily customized
- Each company can create its own applications in Aptien according to its needs.
- The Aptien workflow is simple and designed to be sustainable and easy to set up and customize, which you can customize to fit your business.
- You can easily set up an approval workflow for each request or request, see how.