The main, core or key processes are those business processes that create value and where the production of goods or the provision of services to customers takes place.
- They are all activities and processes that produce products or services for customers
- The value of an organization is created in the main processes
- Core processes are related to the customer of the organization
- They are the processes that make a purpose of a business or an organization
- The supporting processes must also work to support core processes