Who is the direct supervisor?
A supervisor is any manager or team leader who directly manages any team or group of people. Every manager in the organizational structure is a direct superior of people below him. The hierarchy tree of managers then forms the organizational structure. In practice, one manager is able effectively manage 5-20 people, usually it is the workgroup, work team, department, branch, section or any other organizational unit.
A supervisor is any manager at any management level who has subordinates.
- Managing work, tasks & workflow
- Organizing work of the team / subordinates
- Evaluating performance of the staff / subordinates
- Identifying staff development needs
- Training new hires
- Reporting to senior management & HR
- Helping to resolve employee issues and disputes
What you can do as a supervisor at Aptien
If you are set up in the organizational structure as the direct superior of the team of people, then you can:
- Approve their requests
- See the overview of the tasks of your people (we are preparing)
- See his personal file, personal information, onboarding, adaptation, training or other development plans
- Issued work equipment, tools and completed training and other information
How do you set a superior manager?
- A superior manager can only see and manage his first line subordinates
- A superior manager can not manage next levels deep down
- The direct superior is set in the organizational settings