In the left side menu, you can find tabs to all important parts of Aptien. By clicking on one of them, you will see the particular overview.
By the tab, you can see a number that has the following meaning.
- For notifications inbox - number of pending notifications
- For the wall - number of new posts
- For notes - aggregate of private and shared notes
- For tasks - number of new tasks
- For watchdogs - aggregate of active and inactive watchdogs
- For favorites - number of favorite items
- For reports - number of generated reports
- For polls - number of polls you haven't responded to
Menu with the list of Organizers
Click on your role next to the house icon. This opens your role's workspace. You can find the list of available Organizers here. Click on one to open it and click on the star to include it in your favorites. Favorites are listed in the upper part of this list of Organizers.
If you are in the administrator role, you can add a new Organizer.
Create tasks, minutes, and other elements from anywhere
The plus menu is located in the top bar in the top left corner next to your organization's name. Click the "+" icon to open it. You can create a new task, task package, wall post, poll, or minutes. If the administrator changed the text in an Organizer of the "add new item" button, it is also displayed here, and you can add a new item to that Organizer from the plus menu.
Switch to a different role
You can switch your role from two different places:
- By clicking on your current role in the left main menu under your name
- By clicking on "You are using the system as" on your Home Page in the top left corner
If the role has a description, you can display it by hovering over the question mark.
Search through the system
By clicking on the magnifying glass icon, you open the search bar. You can now start typing anything, and the system displays every related task, document, or anything else. You can narrow your search to documents, tasks, notes, or activities.
Texting with colleagues
You can always find the chat on the right side of your screen. Click on one of your colleagues, and a chat window shows up in the bottom right. You can start chatting right away. Press Enter to send the message. The chat windows keep their history of messages between you and your colleagues.
Your personal settings
You can find a cog to the right left of your profile picture and name where you can change your personal settings.
You can change your profile picture or set a new password.
You can also find your personal Organizer settings where you can rearrange your favorite Organizers or change the default sorting. In the last section, you can turn off sending notifications to your e-mail or displaying options of tasks in packages.
By clicking on the cog in the top right corner, you can turn on or off individual widgets.
You can move widgets
You can move individual widgets using drag and drop. You can turn on or off any widget in the menu by clicking on the cog in the top right corner.
You can find the guide (wizard) under the wizard hat that will display guides you can turn on in the bottom left corner.
You switch between Organizers in the top part
In the top part of the page, you see tabs with colored text, and that is the list of your favorite Organizers.
Above them in the top bar you have icons you are used to from social networks, you can find the magnifying glass icon that opens a search field, a notification bell, a chat notification bubble, language selected, log out, and Organizer hide arrows. Lets take a look at them:
- The search field allows you to search within the entire system - you can search through tasks, Organizers, minutes, or notes from anywhere
- The bubble for chat notifications
- The bell for any other new notifications (you can view their history in the Inbox tax)
- Languages - switch between languages if you turned them on; if you did not turn them on, you have only one language available and no icon will be shown
- Log out - allows you to log out from the system
- Arrows - hides or displays the Organizers bar