A Workplace is a location where people perform tasks, assignments, and jobs for their employer. Different types of workplaces vary across industries. Equipped workplaces are enablers for effective work. Workplaces can be on-site, mobile, or fully remote.
Types of workplaces
Types of workplaces can range from a factory to an office building or remote home office.
- Factory workers work on the production line equipped with machines and tools. Factory workers operate with these tools and must know how to use them.
- Retail employees commonly work indoors in various types of stores. Store employees often directly interact with customers.
- Many industries require people to work outdoors. The workplace and work environment for outdoors varies.
- Office workers are usually backoffice employees or people working in service industries. Offices are located in buildings.
Virtual, remote workplace, home office
- Virtual offices allow people to work remotely. Virtual workplaces are for service industry or back-office workers and require collaboration software.
Workplace equipment and business effectiveness
- Workplaces help businesses deliver their products or services to consumers in an efficient way and therefore have to be properly equipped. Workplace equipment is usually described in the job requirements and employees have to take over the equipped workplace during onboarding.
- Workplaces have to be maintained according to facility management principles.