Work equipment means any device, tool, machinery, appliances, apparatus, equipment or installation for use at work.
- Work equipment is assigned to a workplace or to an employee
- Work equipment provided for use at work must be suitable for the intended use
- For some work equipment only trained and authorised persons should be allowed to use it
Work equipment obligations of employers
- employers must ensure that manufacturers' instructions are always followed
- employers must ensure that employees are suitably trained in the correct use of workplace equipment