This article is intended for asset managers, facility managers, and people responsible for maintenance and/or operational safety.
Asset maintenance planning
Regular asset maintenance is a necessity in many industries. It is enforced by legislation, mandated by the manufacturer, and helps prevent failures and downtime caused by breakdowns. Aptien makes asset maintenance planning easier by helping you plan and confirm all maintenance activities.
- Allows you to set up and monitor maintenance schedules for different types and kinds of assets
- allows you to confirm the execution of maintenance activities
Setting up a maintenance plan for any asset
You can set up a maintenance plan individually for different types of assets. When you create your maintenance plan, you set up individual maintenance activities in one of three options:
- maintenance activities common to all assets. in the records
- maintenance activities common to a specific type of asset (e.g. gas boilers, electrical equipment)
- an individual maintenance plan for a specific piece of property only
When setting up maintenance plans, you also select whether the activity is a one-time activity or whether it is a periodic maintenance activity for which the system automatically monitors the recurrence and alerts you when the maintenance operation is due for completion.
- one-time maintenance activities
- periodic, recurring maintenance activities
A clear annual maintenance plan
The annual maintenance activity calendar helps you to plan, giving you an overview of what maintenance activities are coming up so you can, for example, better plan for ordering them. The overview shows all maintenance activities over the next 12 months. You can export the overview to an excel spreadsheet and work with it further.
Confirming completion of maintenance activities
Once you have a maintenance plan set up, you can confirm the completion of a maintenance activity for each asset and add logs, photo documentation, or other proof of completion.